To contact us CLICK HERE
View Kalimpong News at
Citizen reporters may send photographs related to news with proper information to

Friday, March 5, 2010

GJMM is yet to receive letter of tripartite talks

KalimNews: GJMM has not yet received neither any letter nor telephonic message from the Union Home ministry regarding the invitation of fifth tripartite talks to be held on 18th March . The talk is going to be held after 86 days of the last talks held on 21st December 2009, though it was decided in the last meeting that it would be called within 45 days.
It is learnt that this time too GJMM would stick to its separate statehood demand and on request for a solution would go for the alternative set up proposal of a Council type of body for the developmental works on the condition that such tripartite talks would be held to discuss on the pending demand of Gorkhaland.
For the alternative set up body a proposal from  both the Central and State Govt  might be placed in the meeting having provision of more power and money. It is also learnt that there would be no signing of accord but just an understanding between the representatives of Central Government, State Government and GJMM on record in the proceeding of the minute.
Buses ‘hijacked’ for Paswan rally
TT, Raiganj, March 4: Around 150 lathi-wielding men owing allegiance to the Lok Janshakti Party “hijacked” four buses yesterday after forcing 120 passengers off the vehicles at Kishanganj, making them walk two kilometres with the luggage that had been thrown out of the vehicles.
All the four private buses — registration numbers WB59A 0059, WB59 8784, WB 59 7891 and WB59 2121 — had started from the terminus here and were on their way to Siliguri along NH31 that passes through Kishanganj in Bihar. Around 25 buses from the Raiganj depot carry 30-40 passengers on an average to Siliguri everyday.Ram Vilas Paswan’s LJP has admitted the “hijack” and said there was nothing “to panic” about it.
Shankar Ghosh, the owner of one of the hijacked buses, said the vehicle had left the depot in Raiganj at 5am yesterday with around 30 passengers. “At 7am yesterday, I received a call from the driver who told me that a group of about 150 men, armed with lathis, had stopped the bus at the approach to the Kishanganj flyover. About 10 men boarded the bus and said they were taking over the vehicle. They asked the passengers to get off with their luggage,” he said.
Driver Harbant Singh also told Ghosh that three more buses had been taken over in a similar manner and he was being forced to drive to Patna with the LJP supporters.
All the four bus owners — the other three are Sushanta Biswas, Biswaranjan Bose and Arun Dutta — have filed complaints with police and the district magistrate. No buses had plied on the Siliguri route yesterday for fear of another hijack.
Ghosh’s driver Singh said he had been told to take the bus to the Kishanganj Stadium, where supporters of the party boarded the vehicle to Patna’s Gandhi Maidan, a nine-hour journey. Paswan was to address a rally there this afternoon.
Kalimuddin, the district president of the LJP in Kishanganj, said over the phone from Patna that there was no need to “panic” and the buses would be in Kishanganj by 2am tomorrow.
“Paswanji’s meeting was planned all of a sudden and we had no time to inform the owners at short notice, so we took the buses to reach our supporters to Patna. There is no need to worry we treated the drivers and the conductors well and we will make payments to the owners in due course. The buses will be returned by today evening,” Kalimuddin said.
However, the passengers who were forced to get off the buses are still shaken. Chuki Das, a wholesale dealer in medicine in Raiganj, said he took the bus to Islampur every Wednesday to collect payments. “Like every week, I boarded the bus from Raiganj yesterday. As the bus was approaching the Kishanganj flyover, a large number of men surrounded the bus. About eight to 10 of them boarded with lathis and told us to get off. When we protested, they dragged us out saying they needed the bus for their party. They even threw out some of the luggage,” Das said.
He said there were about 35 or so passengers on the bus. “We were left standing on NH31 and decided to walk two kilometres to the bus stand at Kishanganj. There were women, children and elderly persons who had a lot of trouble walking over the flyover with their luggage,” he said.
The secretary of the North Dinajpur Bus-Minibus Owners’ Association, Asoke Chanda, said the incident was nothing but plain hijacking. “Throughout yesterday, the district administration could not trace the buses and bring them back,” Chanda said. He said had there been any mishap, the owners would not have been able to claim insurance as the buses had gone off the permitted route.
District magistrate Ramanuj Chakrabarty said he had contacted his counterpart in Kishanganj to trace the vehicles.
Guess what it weighs?: An angler with his catch, a mahseer, from the Teesta in Kalimpong on Thursday. Since a full-grown mahseer can weigh up to 20kg, it is one of the most prized catch for those fishing in the Himalayan rapids, streams and rivers, including the Ganges. Picture by Chinlop Fudong Lepcha, TT
Maoists ultimatum : free our leader or face consequence
BN, Kolkata, 4 March : The Maoists have threatened to start a full-scale offensive against the government if their leader Venkateshwar Reddy alias Telugu Deepak is not released by 5 pm on 6 March.
Telugu Deepak was arrested by the CID on 3 March at Sursuna bus stand in Kolkata. According to the Police Deepak was in-charge of Maoist operations in West Bengal and was close to Maoist leader Koteshwar Rao alias Kishenji. Telugu Deepak has been blamed of planning the attack in Sildha in West Bengal on 15 February, in which 24 jawans of the Eastern Frontier Rifles (EFR) lost their lives.

The man who led the EFR from scratch

SNS, MIDNAPORE, 4 MARCH: The Silda camp attack which killed 24 Eastern Frontier Rifles (EFR) personnel on 15 February, had taken possession of an IPS officer (retired) who was so traumatised by the massacre that he had to be admitted to a nursing home in Kolkata and was put on oxygen for a week. However, he came back home in the first week of February after he had undergone treatment for his acute breathing trouble.
The octogenarian retired IPS officer, Mr Ashoke Kumar Mukherjee, had founded the EFR’s second battalion and is the first Bengali Commanding Officer (C-O) of the EFR. He is the longest (34 years) serving Bengali C-O in EFR as an Assistant Commander of the first battalion in North-East Frontier Area (NEFA) and then as C-O of the second battalion. Finally he became the DIG of Armed Police in-charge of EFR. His attachment to the EFR is evident and hence as soon as he was informed of the Silda camp attack, he sent a condolence note to the EFR officials at its headquarters in Salua.
The EFR, originally raised in Dhaka as Eastern Bengal Assam Military Police was renamed as EFR in 1920 and was shifted to Midnapore after India became independant. Mainly manned by the Nepalese, the EFR was considered as the finest and oldest para-military force in India which fought many wars, including the two World Wars. 
Till the Chinese aggression in 1962, there was only one EFR battalion with its headquarters at Salua. In the wake of the Chinese advance, government decided to raise another battalion, the process of which was started with Goodall, an Anglo-Indian officer of Australian origin. But, before the battalion became functional, Goodall retired and went back to Australia when the mantle fell on Mr Mukherjee for having his chequered background as assistant commander of the first battalion.
Having taken the charge as C-O of the second battalion in 1967, Mr Mukherjee swung into action. During his three years’ stay in the first phase, he undertook countless development work for recreation and social life of the Force and their family members as the Nepalese made Salua their second home. 
Mr Mukherjee's elder son, a renowned orthopaedic in the city, also treats the EFR jawans free of cost and will continue to do so, said his younger son, Mr Arunabha Narayan Mukherjee, a faculty of a Kolkata-based reputed human resource management institute.
Speaking to The Statesman, the former EFR DIG, Mr Mukherjee expressed his anguish over the manner in which, the EFR personnel are being utilised by the district police. It is the second battalion, which under him and then Darjeeling police superintendent, Mr Arun Prakash Mukherjee, uprooted the backbone of the Naxalite movement in Terai region in North Bengal without the help of Central forces in the early seventies, he recalled. Shyam Sundar Roy
Manufacturing fake eggs
In China there are fake schools and classes that teach a variety of blatant fraud technology, even eggs can be modulated by chemical materials, but also be able to fry cook, is currently the most popular False course.
Step 1 modulation of raw materials
Using 7 kinds of chemical materials, see pic below
Fake egg was made from calcium carbonate, starch, resin, gelatin, alum and other chemical products.
Step 2 egg production
Raw egg into the mold to 2 / 3 full, put calcium chloride, colouring die, the egg appears on the film been announced.
The 'yolk' is shaped in the round mould. 'Magic water' containing calcium chloride is used.

By adding a yellow pigment and become raw egg yolk..
Step 3 fake egg shape
In the mold into 1 / 3 raw egg white, like the first package, like dumplings into the egg yolk, egg white into another, into the magic water, a shell eggs will come slowly. Naked egg shape to 1 hour to dry after washing with water, at shells ready.

Step 4 

Sewing lines through the use of eggs, immersed in paraffin wax, calcium carbonate, such as modulation of the eggshell into a solution, repeated several times until the shell a little dry, immersion in cold water pumping line shape, this point, the egg has been put on a false cloak , You're done.
Hard shells are formed by soaking in paraffin wax onto the egg, which are then left to dry.
Oh yeah The Egg is ready. The artificial egg shell is very fragile and break easily but who cares!!
Look so real

Many small bubbles is formed during frying the egg but not many people can tell the difference.
The egg look exactly the same, and the eggs taste better than real but you are adding to the statistic of food poisoning person.
Why make fake eggs ?
Because of money.
The cost of fake egg is only 0.55 Yuan/kg, while the true [WINDOWS-1252?]eggs’ market price is 5.6 Yuan/kg.
Cases of problem foods and food poisoning are widely reported in Mainland China over the last few years. In 2001, there were 185 cases of food poisoning, affecting about 15,715 people and causing 146 deaths. The cases doubled in 2002. In 2003, the number of reported cases was ten times more than that in 2001, and the number of people suffered was as high as 29,660, including 262 deaths Now In Sept 2008 Nearly 53,000 Chinese children sick from contaminated milk; 4 have died

No comments:

Post a Comment